So I have been trying recipes and looking into the “Flat Belly” diet. Overall, the recipes I have tried have all been really good…not like diet food at all. The flaxseed oil and smoothie was a nice treat today and I think I have talked about how much I like the Sassy Water. Tonight it is avocado and bacon chicken. So I found on the website some great advice for my biggest problem area… Stress-induced weight gain. I don’t know about you, but I have no qualms blaming stress for my weight.
So here are the tips I found…
1. Get more sleep! (oops, I break that rule all the time). Try to get 9 hours of sleep a night. (I am lucky if I get that on the weekend!)
2. Get some Distence. Figure out what cause chronic stress and try to sidestep them. (Hmm. Does my husband make enough money for me to live at a spa?)
3. Get moving everyday. This has been hard. They say you should walk 5 minutes after every meal. I asked my boss if that would be okay. You know excuse myself from my job so I could walk the track. The answer was no.
4. Get Connected. Having others to workout with and share with helps reduce stress (good thing you guys are out there to help me!)
5. Get Positive. This can be hard, but I try!
6.Get centered‚ and self-centered. The idea is that most of us women are have been socialized to think of others first. Learn to put your needs first, especially when it comes to diet and exercise. Take some Me-Time.
7. Get it on the Calendar. Schedule Me-Time, make time to yourself (I call that pedi day!). It is recommended that you take 15 minutes per day.
There you have it. Easier said than done, huh?